With the development of 3D printing technology, there has been a huge breakthrough, and companies around the world are starting to use 3D printers to optimize their production.
3D printing is no longer an idea, but a reality that has the potential to revolutionize the light industry with its ability to quickly adapt to customer needs and the durability of 3D prints.
Producers of granules and producers of filaments, taking into account special industry regulations, introduce materials that, in addition to specific technical properties, may be allowed to come into contact with food. These requirements are met, among others, by PLA filaments, some types of ABS and PET-G.
Omni3D's offer includes PET-G-32 filament, which can be used in the food industry. The granulate from which it is produced has the ISO 10993 medical certificate.
Download application catalog
Challenges of the light industry and the use of 3D printing:
• Maintaining appropriate cleanliness and sterility as well as protection against potential food contamination.
• FFF technology uses filaments for prints. They are highly temperature resistant, can be sterilized and can be disinfected.
• Automation elements that come into direct contact with food are made of properly selected material that does not react chemically with food products. They cannot be exposed to the risk of corrosion - the printed elements are very durable (comparable to metal). They do not corrode, are resistant to chemicals, packaging - changes in the assortment and the related diversification of production, new products are often also new.
• Packaging. Rapid prototyping is one of the main advantages of 3D printing technology - expensive spare parts for production machines.
• Printed parts are fully reliable and easy to replace in the future within a maximum of 24 hours and with a cost reduction of 75%, no need to stock them.
A solid business partner, which is undoubtedly OMNI3D, has allowed us to make a fully functional model of a new product. Speed of action and accuracy of performance is at the highest level.